Problem DescriptionThe access New Yorkers have to nutritious food and beverages, opportunities for physical activity, and quality housing play a large role in determining their physical and mental wellbeing and their ability to fulfill their potential. Many New York City neighborhoods have considerable room for improvement in promoting good health and wellbeing, with large disparities in opportunities for healthy living and health outcomes between high-poverty and low-poverty neighborhoods.
- Improve food access, affordability, and quality, and encourage a sustainable, resilient food system
- Create environments that encourage New Yorkers to be physically active regardless of age
- Reduce asthma triggers in the home
- Decrease secondhand smoke exposure in the home
- Reduce housing-related fall hazards for older adults
We will implement several initiatives to ensure all New Yorkers live in neighborhoods and housing that promote healthy lives.
Solution StageOne of the 7 stages of an innovation. Learn more
|STAGE||SPECIALIST SKILLS REQUIRED||EXAMPLE ACTIVITIES||RISK LEVEL AND HANDLING||FINANCE REQUIRED||KINDS OF EVIDENCE GENERATED||GOAL|
|Developing and testing3||Mix of design and implementation skills|
|A stronger case with cost and benefit projections developed through practical trials and experiments, involving potential users||Demonstration that the idea works, or evidence to support a reworking of the idea|